- Shareholding Partner
Keith is a shareholding partner in Selikoff & Cohen.
Keith has represented unions and union members before the New Jersey Supreme Court, the Public Employment Relations Commission, the Office of Administrative Law, and other state agencies as well as in TEACHNJ tenure proceedings for more than 25 years. Areas of expertise include workplace accommodation and discrimination claims, tenure rights claims, unfair labor practices, union representation petitions, tenure charges and other disciplinary matters.
Keith was recently inducted as a Fellow into the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. He is the immediate Past-Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section. Keith is listed in Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers in America®.
Selection criteria for Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers in America® may be obtained from superlawyers.com and bestlawyers.com. The Supreme Court of New Jersey has not approved this advertisement.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Virginia
- B.A. - 1985
- University of Valencia, Spain, 1983-84
- Co-author, Chapter 19 of Employment Litigation in New Jersey (LexisNexis 2006)
- Editor Emeritus, New Jersey Labor and Employment Law Quarterly
- Co-author, “The TEACHNJ Act, One Year Later,” New Jersey Lawyer, Vol. 285 (New Jersey State Bar Association December 2013)
- Rutgers Law Journal, Business Editor, 1987-1988
- Matter of Robbinsville Twp. Bd. of Educ. v. Washington Twp. Educ. Ass'n, 227 N.J. 192 (2016)
- Camden Educ. Ass’n v. Camden Bd. of Educ., 32 NJPER ¶ 136 (2006)
- Hillsborough Educ. Ass'n. v. Hillsborough Bd. of Educ., 32 NJPER ¶ 97 (2006)
- Lumberton Educ. Ass'n. v. Lumberton Bd. of Educ., 28 NJPER ¶ 427 (App. Div. 2002)
- Trenton Bd. of Educ. v. Trenton Educ. Ass’n, Dkt. No. A 0262 17T4 (Jan. 28, 2019), certif. den. 238 N.J. 363 (2019)
- Matter of Ocean Twp. Bd. of Educ. v. Waretown Educ. Ass'n, Dkt. No. A 3457 16T2 (Aug. 15, 2018), certif. den. 236 N.J. 567 (2019)
- Bd. of Educ. of the Vocational Sch. of Cnty. of Ocean v. J.O., OAL Dkt. No. EDU4467 11, Agency Dkt. No. 87 4/11 (May 2, 2011)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Section Executive Committee member (2005–present), Chair (2021-2023), 1st Vice Chair (2019-2021), 2nd Vice Chair (2017-2019), Treasurer (2015-2017), Secretary (2013-2015), Legislative Committee (2005-2007), Membership and Inclusion Committee (2021–present)
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- American Bar Association